Click to download the PDF documents for this deck. With the frame in place, I used composite shims (these) on all of the foundation blocks as needed to bring the frame into level position. You made the deck fit the yard, but it looks pretty good for the price. I do understand about all the dirt. Download. Often, the posts supporting them are not visible, … dycr107_deck_level-check. People do not get “shop” in high school so much- instead spend all their time on their smartphones. However, it's not critical to place all the blocks completely level with each other. Don’t get me wrong! But since I knew I wasn’t going to pay for someone else to do it, I had to find the best ways to hobble together all the tutorials I could find. Either way you get a deck lol gotta love a deck. Some people do this around 6 months, but we’ve held out and it honestly still looks awesome! It’s not at all “wobbly”, which is something I’m very proud of! My dad and I worked on it over a long holiday week . The total cost for this was almost exactly $1600 USD. It's still pricey, don't get me wrong, but the cost wasn't very far off current prices for redwood or cedar decking, and I wasn't interested in other alternatives. V common & hard to avoid these days. For the main deck area I was using full 12' boards, so there wasn't a lot of thought required to complete that section. FREE DECK PLANS. Screwing all of these does not take too long. 10 x 10 Deck Kit. Then the opposing blocking pieces were added, and all of these were toe-nailed in place. Thank you so much for this tutorial! I chose to not lay landscape fabric on the ground under the deck, and some people may question why I didn't do that. Boards tend to cup in the opposite direction of the rings, counter intuitive I know but it’s true. There are pros and cons to every option in decking material. Voila! From humble roots! If you look really close you’ll see a tiny hammer . . The deck … You did a great job!!!! Deck boards are typically 5-1/2 inches wide, so try to plan a deck size that won't leave narrow pieces at the ends. That makes me so happy!! I was happy with my mini-deck, and frankly I didn’t think I could extend it. I am a single mom looking to re build my deck that has many holes and needs to be replaced. I just tried to keep the level of all the blocks within an inch or so, but there's no need to fuss over the precise height of the blocks. Learn how your comment data is processed. This was framed up with pressure treated boards. Im curious: What are these big tanks/holes next to your deck? This sleek and subtle floating deck design was made to be tucked into a lush … Lumber, etc.? I am in the same position and can’t find what I need exactly. I dug the hole and poured quickrete around the posts. Each board got 12 screws (2 per joist beam/joist). I just upgraded my hosting though, so we should have enough server space these days . Place one deck board along one long side of the deck frame so it is flush with the outside face of the end … So by placing the bark side up – like the left board in the picture – the boards are now prone to cup upward from both the natural tendency of the wood and the moisture differential. I am going to begin my endeavor of building a deck and this will be a great resource. Thank you!! Here's a closer look at the completed decking. This is where everything starts to pay off. That’s how I started my small business. Thanks for the information! I had too much fun and still love it! woof! That would be cool! Repeat! The pressure treated lumber has held up very well! I am going to challenge myself. Good job! I mean, I had some help, which I will share with you in a minute. This type of deck can … What’s holding us back is the pressure treated wood condition. Then another inch or so of hard pack on top of that, spread river rock, and tamped that down (with felt atop it, to ease the wrists while tamping it in). I believe one has to place posts 2 ft down to prevent this. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. From Deb You are a wonder!! So this is why a contractor can charge so much but you are correct about how a lot of contractors are charging so much because these days we are smaller family size and not living so closely together and not so connected with others to have togetherness to do these projects. With the rings turned up, you create a cupping feature which just adds to water damage and warping. That is a mistake. This was an awesome article to read! Without these, the door deck board collapse under your feet. Question It’s been almost 2 years since phase 1, and I haven’t noticed any difference/affect from the dryer vent area. Facebook. Unfortunately I have a lot of good sized rocks in my soil so I’ve been dragging my feet. Good luck on your build! Hi Brittany! Once you get comfortable it becomes second nature. on Step 5. . Gain a deck construction overview with videos and tips on all aspects of the process.. 2. Every successful deck project should start with a professional set of plans. (I’m coining that term, btw). Like you said it’s a big debate and either way you do it you get a deck. I think it is AMAZING that you figured out a way to not cut any boards!! Did you make this project? Dean1989 on July 8, 2019 at 11:49 pm Going to try and build this deck … Or was it free floating and just rested near the deck? These were screwed to the frame with lag screws, and glued to the blocks beneath with landscape adhesive. The 10 Easiest Frugal Lifestyle Tips to Pick Up Today, https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/lumber-price, Since I could only go 10′ wide, I went with, building the frame before plotting the post locations (I wasn’t about to level some strings), not securing the deck to the house (it’s not raised, and I only wanted it, not cutting a damn thing! How to Build an 8 x10 Deck for Beginners. I can’t seem to get the photos to show for me!! Ashley, thanks so much for sharing your deck building experience. Deck #1 made me so happy! I began by laying out cement blocks in a 4-foot grid, and spray painted around them to indicate their locations. . The crawlspace frame is 4’x2′ (the opening of the space is.. similar). I was about to just cover up a large section of my yard with wood chips because we cant afford to hire someone to install a patio or deck. Reply It’s a great thing that you shared how important it is to find treated lumber so pests will be avoided. I used bricks/pavers/whatever I could find to prop it up while I leveled it. Other hefty paver-type blocks would also work. You had an absence of fear for the undertaking, were patient (another ability), and you did some really good critical thinking to conceptualize the deck before you implemented each stage to prevent big mistakes . We are considering putting in deck like this and this helps us a lot! Any differences will be made up with shims later on when the deck frame is in place. And that wasn’t an option. Did you pour concrete footing and attach the posts with footing brackets, or did you dig a deep hole and just pour concrete around the 4×4 posts. I understand the first one is on a slab, which helps a lot; but what about the second one? Built with composite decking and hidden fasteners, this maintenance-free backyard deck is designed to go together fast and to fit in anywhere in the yard, without footings or ledger boards. That side tends to hold more debris and water. Twitter. This was surprisingly the hardest part! That looks awesome! Here's a list of what I'd say is essential: Other things I used, but you may not need: The main area of my deck is just a little bigger than a 12-foot by 8-foot rectangle. Thank your for the guidance that I need to get started and for the inspiration! Thank you. Great job! I’m Ashley and I like things short, sweet, and super cheap. Like, why? We have a triangular lot! But the thing is, that wasn’t going to work. Someone had dug down/out 2 inches, filled it with “hard pack”, leveled that and tamped it down. No matter what your plans look like, here are a few things that are unchanging. Otherwise, you'll likely end up with 9 linear feet of material remaining in three-foot sections, when all you need to finish your project is two 48" boards . I know how frustrating it is trying to find the “perfect fit” of a template, so I’m happy to hear you were inspired to just go for it it’ll be fun and entirely your brainchild! Still, my deck was so small that I couldn’t even imagine it cute and styled. 2 years ago If I had to do it again, I would’ve spaced the second deck just like the first. Thanks for checking it out! ), built & bought materials in phases (see below). Every floating deck tutorial I see has a footer every few feet. I probably should have off-set them to make life easier though. This step alone took several evenings to complete. Paul Hollywood Christmas Cake, Best Foot Warmers, Samsung Smart Steam Dryer, Sanderling Vs Snowy Plover, Asus Rtx 2060 Fan Noise, Smashed Potatoes Rachael Ray, Best Vodka To Drink With Caviar, Seaweed Fertilizer Ireland, Chester Zoo Baby Elephant Death, Envirostone Fire Pit, Neon Blue Crayfish, Lime Mountain Washington, " /> Click to download the PDF documents for this deck. With the frame in place, I used composite shims (these) on all of the foundation blocks as needed to bring the frame into level position. You made the deck fit the yard, but it looks pretty good for the price. I do understand about all the dirt. Download. Often, the posts supporting them are not visible, … dycr107_deck_level-check. People do not get “shop” in high school so much- instead spend all their time on their smartphones. However, it's not critical to place all the blocks completely level with each other. Don’t get me wrong! But since I knew I wasn’t going to pay for someone else to do it, I had to find the best ways to hobble together all the tutorials I could find. Either way you get a deck lol gotta love a deck. Some people do this around 6 months, but we’ve held out and it honestly still looks awesome! It’s not at all “wobbly”, which is something I’m very proud of! My dad and I worked on it over a long holiday week . The total cost for this was almost exactly $1600 USD. It's still pricey, don't get me wrong, but the cost wasn't very far off current prices for redwood or cedar decking, and I wasn't interested in other alternatives. V common & hard to avoid these days. For the main deck area I was using full 12' boards, so there wasn't a lot of thought required to complete that section. FREE DECK PLANS. Screwing all of these does not take too long. 10 x 10 Deck Kit. Then the opposing blocking pieces were added, and all of these were toe-nailed in place. Thank you so much for this tutorial! I chose to not lay landscape fabric on the ground under the deck, and some people may question why I didn't do that. Boards tend to cup in the opposite direction of the rings, counter intuitive I know but it’s true. There are pros and cons to every option in decking material. Voila! From humble roots! If you look really close you’ll see a tiny hammer . . The deck … You did a great job!!!! Deck boards are typically 5-1/2 inches wide, so try to plan a deck size that won't leave narrow pieces at the ends. That makes me so happy!! I was happy with my mini-deck, and frankly I didn’t think I could extend it. I am a single mom looking to re build my deck that has many holes and needs to be replaced. I just tried to keep the level of all the blocks within an inch or so, but there's no need to fuss over the precise height of the blocks. Learn how your comment data is processed. This was framed up with pressure treated boards. Im curious: What are these big tanks/holes next to your deck? This sleek and subtle floating deck design was made to be tucked into a lush … Lumber, etc.? I am in the same position and can’t find what I need exactly. I dug the hole and poured quickrete around the posts. Each board got 12 screws (2 per joist beam/joist). I just upgraded my hosting though, so we should have enough server space these days . Place one deck board along one long side of the deck frame so it is flush with the outside face of the end … So by placing the bark side up – like the left board in the picture – the boards are now prone to cup upward from both the natural tendency of the wood and the moisture differential. I am going to begin my endeavor of building a deck and this will be a great resource. Thank you!! Here's a closer look at the completed decking. This is where everything starts to pay off. That’s how I started my small business. Thanks for the information! I had too much fun and still love it! woof! That would be cool! Repeat! The pressure treated lumber has held up very well! I am going to challenge myself. Good job! I mean, I had some help, which I will share with you in a minute. This type of deck can … What’s holding us back is the pressure treated wood condition. Then another inch or so of hard pack on top of that, spread river rock, and tamped that down (with felt atop it, to ease the wrists while tamping it in). I believe one has to place posts 2 ft down to prevent this. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. From Deb You are a wonder!! So this is why a contractor can charge so much but you are correct about how a lot of contractors are charging so much because these days we are smaller family size and not living so closely together and not so connected with others to have togetherness to do these projects. With the rings turned up, you create a cupping feature which just adds to water damage and warping. That is a mistake. This was an awesome article to read! Without these, the door deck board collapse under your feet. Question It’s been almost 2 years since phase 1, and I haven’t noticed any difference/affect from the dryer vent area. Facebook. Unfortunately I have a lot of good sized rocks in my soil so I’ve been dragging my feet. Good luck on your build! Hi Brittany! Once you get comfortable it becomes second nature. on Step 5. . Gain a deck construction overview with videos and tips on all aspects of the process.. 2. Every successful deck project should start with a professional set of plans. (I’m coining that term, btw). Like you said it’s a big debate and either way you do it you get a deck. I think it is AMAZING that you figured out a way to not cut any boards!! Did you make this project? Dean1989 on July 8, 2019 at 11:49 pm Going to try and build this deck … Or was it free floating and just rested near the deck? These were screwed to the frame with lag screws, and glued to the blocks beneath with landscape adhesive. The 10 Easiest Frugal Lifestyle Tips to Pick Up Today, https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/lumber-price, Since I could only go 10′ wide, I went with, building the frame before plotting the post locations (I wasn’t about to level some strings), not securing the deck to the house (it’s not raised, and I only wanted it, not cutting a damn thing! How to Build an 8 x10 Deck for Beginners. I can’t seem to get the photos to show for me!! Ashley, thanks so much for sharing your deck building experience. Deck #1 made me so happy! I began by laying out cement blocks in a 4-foot grid, and spray painted around them to indicate their locations. . The crawlspace frame is 4’x2′ (the opening of the space is.. similar). I was about to just cover up a large section of my yard with wood chips because we cant afford to hire someone to install a patio or deck. Reply It’s a great thing that you shared how important it is to find treated lumber so pests will be avoided. I used bricks/pavers/whatever I could find to prop it up while I leveled it. Other hefty paver-type blocks would also work. You had an absence of fear for the undertaking, were patient (another ability), and you did some really good critical thinking to conceptualize the deck before you implemented each stage to prevent big mistakes . We are considering putting in deck like this and this helps us a lot! Any differences will be made up with shims later on when the deck frame is in place. And that wasn’t an option. Did you pour concrete footing and attach the posts with footing brackets, or did you dig a deep hole and just pour concrete around the 4×4 posts. I understand the first one is on a slab, which helps a lot; but what about the second one? Built with composite decking and hidden fasteners, this maintenance-free backyard deck is designed to go together fast and to fit in anywhere in the yard, without footings or ledger boards. That side tends to hold more debris and water. Twitter. This was surprisingly the hardest part! That looks awesome! Here's a list of what I'd say is essential: Other things I used, but you may not need: The main area of my deck is just a little bigger than a 12-foot by 8-foot rectangle. Thank your for the guidance that I need to get started and for the inspiration! Thank you. Great job! I’m Ashley and I like things short, sweet, and super cheap. Like, why? We have a triangular lot! But the thing is, that wasn’t going to work. Someone had dug down/out 2 inches, filled it with “hard pack”, leveled that and tamped it down. No matter what your plans look like, here are a few things that are unchanging. Otherwise, you'll likely end up with 9 linear feet of material remaining in three-foot sections, when all you need to finish your project is two 48" boards . I know how frustrating it is trying to find the “perfect fit” of a template, so I’m happy to hear you were inspired to just go for it it’ll be fun and entirely your brainchild! Still, my deck was so small that I couldn’t even imagine it cute and styled. 2 years ago If I had to do it again, I would’ve spaced the second deck just like the first. Thanks for checking it out! ), built & bought materials in phases (see below). Every floating deck tutorial I see has a footer every few feet. I probably should have off-set them to make life easier though. This step alone took several evenings to complete. Paul Hollywood Christmas Cake, Best Foot Warmers, Samsung Smart Steam Dryer, Sanderling Vs Snowy Plover, Asus Rtx 2060 Fan Noise, Smashed Potatoes Rachael Ray, Best Vodka To Drink With Caviar, Seaweed Fertilizer Ireland, Chester Zoo Baby Elephant Death, Envirostone Fire Pit, Neon Blue Crayfish, Lime Mountain Washington, " />

10x10 floating deck plans

Best, Joe – Deck Builders Lake Charles LA. I’ll be sure to share our sealing/weatherproofing when that happens! This guide covers how to build a ground-level platform as well as a single-story raised deck. ), 2 bags of Quickrete, fast setting concrete mix. I hope my question makes sense. I’m also in Florida (lakeland) and the PTL size 5/4 x 6 x 10ft at both home depot and lowes is just over $14 a board. So I like your idea of framing first, then leveling; that was really helpful. Tumblr. Hi! But if you ask a “deck builder”, it’ll be 3 times that amount. Notice all the damn dirt? Thank you for the great post. I have been scoring the internet trying to find an affordable simple deck to cover the soggy mess of red clay mud that runs along the back of our house. Nice tips/ tutorials! Jan 21, 2020 - https://www.decks.com/deckplans/ We have 84 free deck plans to choose from that you can download today. You gave me confidence that I can totally pull it off. … Also everything being plumb is so imp and you saw that as well and that 4 ft level was superb. For decking material I decided to go with one of the slightly lower-end Trex composites. Great Work! As much as I like to build one, still not so confident to do it myself with all the different options. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Floating Deck Plan. 1 Comment. And I know what I want. There’s a debate about this, but it seems pretty logical to me. Note: The following post is by no means the only way to build a deck… You'll be paying a high price for whatever decking material you choose, so it's wise to think through all the cuts and carefully decide when to cut what pieces from the boards, and in what order. that is 12 boards, but in your picture I only see 8 boards in the picture. The decks mentioned above assume you’re building an attached deck. In the midwest, a tilting of the posts would occur if the posts are not deep enough. Good luck :). The area where I was laying out the blocks was mostly level, which was nice. Good job Construction Mom! So while I was alone with my baby and my husband was away at school, I started cranking out plans and hammering nails. Yeah!. delivery fee. So in addition to my backyard’s quirks, I wasn’t comfortable using a buzzsaw so all the DIY posts weren’t right for me. Building a deck in your outdoor space can enhance your home’s options for entertaining and relaxation. composite boards look thinner im going to start a deck tomorrow . You don't need a shop full of tools to build a deck. It's certainly not cheap, but you can save a lot by doing it yourself. It was for the whole thing!! I’m having the same problem, I cant see any photos!!! I used my kid brother as a guinea pig to determine the depth of the crawlspace frame and drew around the dang thing. Measure all of the 10-foot-long deck boards, and trim any as needed so they are 120 inches each. My husband has been planning to construct a wooden floating deck at our backyard, that’s why we’re currently looking for a lumber supplier. They had each other which you did not. Mind you, this picture was taken an entire year after the deck was built. Everyone (including my husband) thought I was overreaching with my big deck energy. When I quit my job to work from home, my daughter and I created a new full-time mom & baby routine. And did I mention the dirt pit? Thanks for the post. 10 essential tools for DIY home improvements, How to remove a load bearing wall – DIY kitchen renovation, Frugal DIY Hardwood Floor Refinishing for Beginners, Cheap & Easy Family Halloween Costumes: The Flintstones. I excluded the nail width spacing while building the 2nd half since I started it after noticing some warping/shrinking in the original deck, and the biggest difference I noticed was that the warping period has been extended. If you want to add a very slight pitch to the deck frame, say, to direct rainwater away from your home's foundation, now's the time to do it. It's a "floating deck," which means it simply rests on blocks at ground level, and is not anchored deeply in the ground. Our plans follow the prescriptive construction guide from the American … I would price out both and see if you’re willing to swing the difference, but honestly I’d still be afraid of the same amount of wear and tear :/. Hard pack is what’s used on unpaved roads to stabilize it. At that point there was only one thing left to do. I’m currently working on ours and we won’t be able to save as much as you did. Hi! Same though. When the frame was built, it weighed several hundred pounds and required a handful of strong people move it into place. It’s been almost two full years since we finished the 2nd part, and there is no sign of rot or any damage despite getting swamped with tree debris and plenty of hurricane-esque weather. In your framing section for Deck one you have 2- 2×8 at 10′ and 1-2×10 at 10′ listed with the 9-2×6 at 10′. I fully expected for it to need a facelift around the 10 year mark and was more worried about the screws than anything! This looks easy to do. Wow what a great post- I’m so impressed with your project, congratulations! We would play outside every day for at least an hour or two. It was a sweaty, good time. I don’t have sand like you do, but red clay of Georgia. This is amazing. so thanks for that tip!!! I’ve been getting ready to build something like this around a pool. This was planned out ahead of time, and necessary framing was added to support these various pieces. No you’re completely right and looking at the right wood. I like to chip away at little goals! My little brother would meet me and baby girl at Home Depot (and eventually Lowes) with his truck, and we loaded it up with that phase’s materials haul. Thanks to my little helper (& the baby was there too! Thanks Craig. The thing is our backyard is a dirt pit. ? Any updates on getting the photos working? We don’t need to use it too often, so that helps. It sure looks creepy right? It's a little more time+cost, but I'm happy every time I look at it. This was repeated over and over until all the foundation blocks were in place. (thanks babe!). So the left board is correct. To do this, just add additional shims in equal numbers to points along one side to raise it up. Just pick the highest looking spot and set that block first. I built a picnic table and within 6 months it warped a bit. Do you have this blog with photos anywhere else? Very informative and gave me the boost to feel like I could do my own as well. Totally! Also, we’ll keep in mind to buy materials in phases so it won’t be heavy in the budget. There I am! If you're looking to build a deck, this Instructable will give you some ideas for starters but I strongly recommend taking a couple weeks and studying everything you can find before making a plan. At the same time, boards will also warp away from the higher moisture area (ie the underside of the deck). Google+. . My yard has been well-settled and hard-packed for at least 15 years or more. I think it was worth the $75. In colder climates, the ground goes through freeze and thaw cycles which result in surface ground upheaval and movement over time, which would ruin all your work in short order. I am adding different footers and don't need to worry about freezing in So. While a floating deck might be next to a building, it may also be a standalone structure in the middle of your yard. But it is do-able and you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself rather than hiring it out. => Click to download the PDF documents for this deck. With the frame in place, I used composite shims (these) on all of the foundation blocks as needed to bring the frame into level position. You made the deck fit the yard, but it looks pretty good for the price. I do understand about all the dirt. Download. Often, the posts supporting them are not visible, … dycr107_deck_level-check. People do not get “shop” in high school so much- instead spend all their time on their smartphones. However, it's not critical to place all the blocks completely level with each other. Don’t get me wrong! But since I knew I wasn’t going to pay for someone else to do it, I had to find the best ways to hobble together all the tutorials I could find. Either way you get a deck lol gotta love a deck. Some people do this around 6 months, but we’ve held out and it honestly still looks awesome! It’s not at all “wobbly”, which is something I’m very proud of! My dad and I worked on it over a long holiday week . The total cost for this was almost exactly $1600 USD. It's still pricey, don't get me wrong, but the cost wasn't very far off current prices for redwood or cedar decking, and I wasn't interested in other alternatives. V common & hard to avoid these days. For the main deck area I was using full 12' boards, so there wasn't a lot of thought required to complete that section. FREE DECK PLANS. Screwing all of these does not take too long. 10 x 10 Deck Kit. Then the opposing blocking pieces were added, and all of these were toe-nailed in place. Thank you so much for this tutorial! I chose to not lay landscape fabric on the ground under the deck, and some people may question why I didn't do that. Boards tend to cup in the opposite direction of the rings, counter intuitive I know but it’s true. There are pros and cons to every option in decking material. Voila! From humble roots! If you look really close you’ll see a tiny hammer . . The deck … You did a great job!!!! Deck boards are typically 5-1/2 inches wide, so try to plan a deck size that won't leave narrow pieces at the ends. That makes me so happy!! I was happy with my mini-deck, and frankly I didn’t think I could extend it. I am a single mom looking to re build my deck that has many holes and needs to be replaced. I just tried to keep the level of all the blocks within an inch or so, but there's no need to fuss over the precise height of the blocks. Learn how your comment data is processed. This was framed up with pressure treated boards. Im curious: What are these big tanks/holes next to your deck? This sleek and subtle floating deck design was made to be tucked into a lush … Lumber, etc.? I am in the same position and can’t find what I need exactly. I dug the hole and poured quickrete around the posts. Each board got 12 screws (2 per joist beam/joist). I just upgraded my hosting though, so we should have enough server space these days . Place one deck board along one long side of the deck frame so it is flush with the outside face of the end … So by placing the bark side up – like the left board in the picture – the boards are now prone to cup upward from both the natural tendency of the wood and the moisture differential. I am going to begin my endeavor of building a deck and this will be a great resource. Thank you!! Here's a closer look at the completed decking. This is where everything starts to pay off. That’s how I started my small business. Thanks for the information! I had too much fun and still love it! woof! That would be cool! Repeat! The pressure treated lumber has held up very well! I am going to challenge myself. Good job! I mean, I had some help, which I will share with you in a minute. This type of deck can … What’s holding us back is the pressure treated wood condition. Then another inch or so of hard pack on top of that, spread river rock, and tamped that down (with felt atop it, to ease the wrists while tamping it in). I believe one has to place posts 2 ft down to prevent this. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. From Deb You are a wonder!! So this is why a contractor can charge so much but you are correct about how a lot of contractors are charging so much because these days we are smaller family size and not living so closely together and not so connected with others to have togetherness to do these projects. With the rings turned up, you create a cupping feature which just adds to water damage and warping. That is a mistake. This was an awesome article to read! Without these, the door deck board collapse under your feet. Question It’s been almost 2 years since phase 1, and I haven’t noticed any difference/affect from the dryer vent area. Facebook. Unfortunately I have a lot of good sized rocks in my soil so I’ve been dragging my feet. Good luck on your build! Hi Brittany! Once you get comfortable it becomes second nature. on Step 5. . Gain a deck construction overview with videos and tips on all aspects of the process.. 2. Every successful deck project should start with a professional set of plans. (I’m coining that term, btw). Like you said it’s a big debate and either way you do it you get a deck. I think it is AMAZING that you figured out a way to not cut any boards!! Did you make this project? Dean1989 on July 8, 2019 at 11:49 pm Going to try and build this deck … Or was it free floating and just rested near the deck? These were screwed to the frame with lag screws, and glued to the blocks beneath with landscape adhesive. The 10 Easiest Frugal Lifestyle Tips to Pick Up Today, https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/lumber-price, Since I could only go 10′ wide, I went with, building the frame before plotting the post locations (I wasn’t about to level some strings), not securing the deck to the house (it’s not raised, and I only wanted it, not cutting a damn thing! How to Build an 8 x10 Deck for Beginners. I can’t seem to get the photos to show for me!! Ashley, thanks so much for sharing your deck building experience. Deck #1 made me so happy! I began by laying out cement blocks in a 4-foot grid, and spray painted around them to indicate their locations. . The crawlspace frame is 4’x2′ (the opening of the space is.. similar). I was about to just cover up a large section of my yard with wood chips because we cant afford to hire someone to install a patio or deck. Reply It’s a great thing that you shared how important it is to find treated lumber so pests will be avoided. I used bricks/pavers/whatever I could find to prop it up while I leveled it. Other hefty paver-type blocks would also work. You had an absence of fear for the undertaking, were patient (another ability), and you did some really good critical thinking to conceptualize the deck before you implemented each stage to prevent big mistakes . We are considering putting in deck like this and this helps us a lot! Any differences will be made up with shims later on when the deck frame is in place. And that wasn’t an option. Did you pour concrete footing and attach the posts with footing brackets, or did you dig a deep hole and just pour concrete around the 4×4 posts. I understand the first one is on a slab, which helps a lot; but what about the second one? Built with composite decking and hidden fasteners, this maintenance-free backyard deck is designed to go together fast and to fit in anywhere in the yard, without footings or ledger boards. That side tends to hold more debris and water. Twitter. This was surprisingly the hardest part! That looks awesome! Here's a list of what I'd say is essential: Other things I used, but you may not need: The main area of my deck is just a little bigger than a 12-foot by 8-foot rectangle. Thank your for the guidance that I need to get started and for the inspiration! Thank you. Great job! I’m Ashley and I like things short, sweet, and super cheap. Like, why? We have a triangular lot! But the thing is, that wasn’t going to work. Someone had dug down/out 2 inches, filled it with “hard pack”, leveled that and tamped it down. No matter what your plans look like, here are a few things that are unchanging. Otherwise, you'll likely end up with 9 linear feet of material remaining in three-foot sections, when all you need to finish your project is two 48" boards . I know how frustrating it is trying to find the “perfect fit” of a template, so I’m happy to hear you were inspired to just go for it it’ll be fun and entirely your brainchild! Still, my deck was so small that I couldn’t even imagine it cute and styled. 2 years ago If I had to do it again, I would’ve spaced the second deck just like the first. Thanks for checking it out! ), built & bought materials in phases (see below). Every floating deck tutorial I see has a footer every few feet. I probably should have off-set them to make life easier though. This step alone took several evenings to complete.

Paul Hollywood Christmas Cake, Best Foot Warmers, Samsung Smart Steam Dryer, Sanderling Vs Snowy Plover, Asus Rtx 2060 Fan Noise, Smashed Potatoes Rachael Ray, Best Vodka To Drink With Caviar, Seaweed Fertilizer Ireland, Chester Zoo Baby Elephant Death, Envirostone Fire Pit, Neon Blue Crayfish, Lime Mountain Washington,

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.